It's October and it is Halloween time. It is a GREAT time
to spread the Gospel to kids. Check out our new page at http://emailministry.webs.com/halloween.htm . It has cartoon Gospel tracts all with the salvation message of Jesus Christ. If you have a Facebook page please visit this page and click on the "Share on Facebook". If you can tell others about this page, especially lost friends, kids etc. Thank you for visiting and let me know if you have any questions at email@example.com .
If you find a Bible that's all tattered &
worn, it belongs to a person who isn't.
"Therefore, since we have a great priest who has gone
through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold
firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high
priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses,
but we have one who has been tempted in every way,
just as we are - yet was without sin" (Hebrews 4:14-15).
Please keep the following individuals in your prayers:
1) "MAY KRIS BE ABLE TO CONTROL HIS DRINKING TO TWO BEERS. MAY DIANNA'S MOTHER NOT SUFFER IN THESE LAST DAYS OR MONTHS OF HER BONE CANCER. THANK YOU." -MARY;
2) Dee asks for our prayers. She writes, "I am having problems with my finances, I am behind in paying my bills. Please pray for me and my children. I believe in the power and glory that prayers can bring. And special prayers for all those who are struggling just to survive. Thank you.";
3) "I am praying for all of you on this site. Have faith in the LORD, all your needs will be met. . . . In Jesus Mighty name I pray. Amen." -Joan;
4) Jocelyn asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "I need peace and patience and who knows what else. I recently left my boyfriend of 7 years because he was not on Gods path. I pray God brings him back to him and eventually to me. But i am trying to except that, that may not be Gods's will. My boyfriend showed me the lord and has fallen into a lifestyle that brings anything but Glory to God. It hurts to let go, but i know that is what i must do now. Please pray that he comes back to the lord!!! And for peace and exceptance in my life.";
5) "Please pray for me. My brother totaled my car which was not insured. My 3 year old daughter had to temporarily move in with my mother since I cannot have her without transportation and I am her only parent. I am now praying for a downpayment on a new vehicle - my daughter also needs medical insurance. I am in a major financial bind and I am onluy able to see my baby saturdays and sundays since I have no car. I am walking to work - which I don't mind doing - but I need a vehicle. please pray for me because I do not know where this money is going to come from. Thank you." -Heather;
7) AN writes: "Please pray for Josh--that he needs someone to talk to him and give him guidance. Please get him help.";
8) On Monday evening, I normally visit the Greenville Detention Center (Greenville, SC). Much prayer and testimony are given by myself and numerous inmates. Bibles, gospel tracts, Bible studies and Daily Breads are handed out amongst many. Several weeks ago, my badge was stripped with the explanation of revamping the system and tightening security. Please ask Christ to give these men strength and continue to build up the faith of His own. Please also pray for re-entry to be approved for all religious volunteers.
If you would like to make a donation towards this ministry, please send funds to: Mark Seay, 105 Quincy Drive, Greer, SC 29650.;
9) "God I have a good feeling that tonight you are going to bless me. With your blessing I can get my car fixed, buy the home I dreamed about, visit my Mother and Brother, and put my 2 weeks notice and find the stress free job I need to live. Please let this feeling stay with me, and inadvance Thank you." -Jerry;
10) Troy asks for our prayers. He writes, "I'm fulling an assingment my pastor gave to me, to advance God's Kingdom outside our church. On Oct 24th I will set up a prayer booth at the Women's Music Festival and offer to pray for and with anyone who asks. Please pray for me!";
11) "I have been out of work for 18 months and I just received my last unemployment check. No savings. Just enough money to pay my bills this month and a little for food. I will have $100.00 left in my checking account when I pay my bills this month." -Elizabeth;
12) "Dear Beloved Brother Mark Seay,
Warm greetings to you in the most precious name of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. How are you I hope you do well. Here continuously heavy rains are going on because of that floods are happening through out our state. That’s why hundreds of villages were drawn and hundreds of families lost their shelter and loved once. Many people are in need of help. We are praying God supply sources to support them. I also announced in our church and with some local people, if we could raise some money, we would like help them as the Lord enables us. Please pray and share with all our prayer partners about this need for the victims of flood.
By the grace of God and by through your precious prayers our almighty Lord had kept us safely from this terrible floods. I praise God for his amazing grace and mercy. Our orphan children are gladly sending their lots of love and their lovely kisses and their lovely hugs to you and to your blessed families. Convey our lovely and best wishes to your friends and to your blessed church congregation. Close with lots of love and prayers and wait for your gracious and prayerful reply. Thanking you. Your Beloved Brother in Christ, Pastor.K.Syam Sundar / New Beginning Missions (Workers for Christ, India)"
13) "I am going thru anxiety attacks and panic attacks and feel like im an not here I pray evryday and night for God to make me strong I had to take medical leave from work with no pay and I will lose my insurance and job if I do not return in a few days. My name is Debra and If you can see fit to pray with me to get back to narmal so I can work and deal with my life again. Thank you and God Bless all of you." -Debra;
14) Norma asks for our prayers. She writes, "My name is Norma and this is not the first prayer request I have asked from you. But it was for others, now I need it for me. I thank GOD for all the good things but can't get away from negative things.Speaking or thinking. I need prayer and I need God to move in my life. Please help me.";
15) "God, I thank You for Your love and Your eternal blessings in my life. I pray for Cassy and me. She is away on a four-month internship. I pray that we open our hearts to each other and to You. If we are to be a couple in accordance to Your will, may You help us express our feelings to each other in a timely manner. I believe You are God. You can alter things for the better of Your Kingdom. I pray Cassy and I can have a relationship that is pleasing to You. Help us talk and plan our futures together. Help her find a job in the same city I end up going to grad school. Guide her on her jobs, keep her safe and in Your Hands. I ask for Your help in my studies. I lift our hearts to You, Lord. By the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I lift our relationship and friendship to You. Thank You Lord for blessing us and hearing our prayer. In Jesus' Name. AMEN." -Jay;
16) Lucian asks to be remembered in our prayers. He writes, "I am desperate. I have four properties that are an albatross on my neck. I must sell them. God, hear my plea. Do not give me wealth or fame or power in this life, all I want is peace. I have four children, a spouse, and a home mortgage. Your prayers are APPRECIATED! Help me... ";
17) "Please LORD lower my blood pressure if its to high also thank for the car and may it hold out. Amen." -Franklyn;
18) David asks for us to "pray for Larry, He found his wife having an inappropriate relationship with another man. He does not want divorce but wants to work through it. Pray for his mental well being and their marriage to come together again.";
19) Evan is asking for prayer for his brother Dustin. He is still recooperating from his second surgery but is doing really well.;
20) Pray for Annie. She is 89-years of age. She is having bouts with congenital heart failure due to fluid build-up around her heart and lungs.;
21) "Please pray for my friend, that God would draw her and convict her that He has a better plan for her than lesbianism. Pray that her eyes would be opened to the truth of His Word and His will for her life. Thank you!" -Michele;
22) Tina asks for our prayers. She writes, "PRAY DAUGHTER TINA GETS CUSTIDY OF 3 CHRILDREN 5,10,16.";
23) Please keep Malkymus in your prayers. She is having difficulties with a few health issues.;
24) Please pray for the two states in South India that have been hit with the worst floods in memory. More than 230 people are dead and 10 million are homeless. Many missionaries and believers are already meeting physical needs and sharing God's love with those who are suffering. Please keep these helpers in your prayers too! Thank you for your faithfulness to stand with our brothers and sisters in need.;
25) "I have been overweight all my life. I just started a new job 2 years ago and I have gained almost 70 lbs since then. I am only 36 and I am a single parent. I need to have a better life, health wise. I have been looking into getting gastric bypass and I need prayer that my insurance company will approve me for the surgery." -Dawn;
26) Lucy asks for our prayers. She writes, "Yes, please pray for my study I really needed prayers! That God will show his glory over my study! My name is Lucy on second year in Early Childhood Education (degree). Thanks.";
27) "That my brother Joe will get rid of the pneumonia and urinary tract infection. When he does, he will come off the ventilator and dialysis. That the infection will be gone never to return and all his organs will return to working the way the Lord made them to work." -Judy; and lastly ...
28) Mike & Linda asks for us to remember them in our prayers. Linda writes: "I need pray for my little dog, her name is Sheba sheis 9 yeears old and has stomach problems and is passing Blood,we don't have money for all the test,she is so small she only weighs 5 pounds,she has been such a comfort to me, being I am disabled and in a lot of pain myself. The thought off having to put her down breaks my heart,also My husbad and I are on a fixed income and about to loss our house,my husban has a lot of health problems to,We both love the Lord,we need pray for us to. Thank You. God Bless."
**God bless you for caring enough to pray!!!**
A real friend is always and under all circumstances a friend (Proverbs 17:17a).
Jews Flout Obama, Lay Cornerstone for E. Jerusalem Homes
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
Developers of a new Jewish neighborhood on privately-owned land in eastern Jerusalem plan to lay the cornerstone for the project Wednesday afternoon, ignoring U.S. President Barack Obama’s opposition to Jewish “settlers" in the area. Former Chief Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau and National Union Knesset Member Uri Ariel plan to be on hand for the ceremony which marks the development of 105 luxury units in Nof Tzion. A new Torah scroll also will be dedicated.
The project is located in the Jabel Mukabar neighborhood, home to several terrorists with Israeli identity cards who have carried out murderous attacks on Israelis, including the murder of eight students at the Merkaz HaRav yeshiva last year. Police are deployed to prevent violence that has spread throughout eastern Jerusalem this week.
The new development project is the second stage of the Nof Tzion neighborhood and “is the best answer to incitement and violence from extremist elements,” according to the Im Tirtzu (If You Will It) organization. Ninety-one residential units already have been built, and most of them have been sold.
The new development of Nof Tzion, which literally means View of Zion, will extend to Armon HaNatziv in eastern Talpiot. The master plan calls for nearly 500 apartment units, two synagogues, community and educational facilities and a mall.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has rejected President Obama’s demand for a total freeze on building in eastern Jerusalem, saying the entire city is under the sovereignty of Israel. The United States and most Western nations regard all of Judea and Samaria, including many parts of Jerusalem, as Arab land that Israel “occupied” since the Six-Day War in 1967. Previously, Jordan occupied the same areas following the War of Independence in 1948, when the Arab world rejected the United Nations partition of the country, which at the time was ruled by the British Mandate.
What Fell from the Bible?
A little boy opened the big family Bible.
He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages.
Suddenly something fell out of the Bible.
He picked up the object and looked at it closely.
What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages.
"Momma, look what I found," the boy called out.
"What have you got there, dear?" his mother asked.
With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered: "I think it's Adam's underwear!"
"Prayer is not magic. God is not a celestial bellhop ready at our beck and call to satisfy our every whim. In some cases our prayers must involve travail of the soul and agony of heart such as Jesus himself experienced in the Garden. Sometimes the immature Christian suffers bitter disappointment not because God failed to keep his promises, but because well-meaning Christians made promises "for" God that God himself never authorized." ~ R.C. Sproul
Unseen and Deadly
By Stuart McAllister
There is something very unsettling about biological threats. The very idea of unseen, undetectable, but deadly toxins or viruses is a modern nightmare. The sad thing is that we have too many actual examples to fuel our fears. For multitudes in the industrial town of Bhopal, India, a normal working day turned into a catastrophe of biblical proportions as people were poisoned and killed by gas leaking from a local factory. Similarly catastrophic, the events surrounding the reactor at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine combined the worst of leftover Soviet era paranoia and secrecy with a calamity of truly mind-boggling proportions. Hundreds of young men were ushered in to fight a fire, knowing nothing of the deadly radiation saturating the area, and as a result, thousands died (though exact numbers are not clear).
The weight and power of these deadly issues grips us. We feel and understand it acutely. There are things in our universe that are invisible, but real. They are necessary (perhaps), but deadly. And there are few guaranteed fail-safe mechanisms to protect us, in all circumstances, from harm. This feeling of vulnerability, this sense that there are things beyond our control, this notion of risk is something the modern mind finds repulsive. We want security, we demand certainty, and we feel entitled to assurance. But what is it, and where is it to be found?
Ernest Becker, several decades ago, wrote a very challenging book called The Denial of Death. He shows how society works to create hero-systems and elaborate ways of suppressing or avoiding the reality of death. As Woody Allen once said, “It’s not that I’m afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” Here is where Scripture speaks clearly to the human dilemma. In 1 Corinthians 15:22, we read, “As in Adam, all die.” There are no exceptions, no escape routes, and no exits. It is as inclusive as it gets. Death is the great leveler. It respects everyone.
However, the apostle does not stop here; he goes on to say “so in Christ will all be made alive.” There you have it! This is the great distinction. Death occurs on a hundred percent scale. Our link to Adam is inviolable; we are all descendents, and inheritors of all that this implies. Like those infected with a deadly virus, the issue is not morality or effort. We need a solution, an antidote, an answer beyond us. What the Scriptures outline is a way out, an answer that is a transfer.
What do I mean? As long as we are located “in Adam,” which means our natural state and line of descent, we are subject to the outworking of the brokenness, damage, and suffering that is now a part of the human condition. The invitation to change is the move to be “in Christ.” What does this mean? Several things. It means trusting him to provide what we cannot provide for ourselves—namely, healing and help. It means confessing our sins and seeking his forgiveness. It means receiving a new kind of life within, by means of the gift of the Holy Spirit (cf. John 1:4).
These two great antagonists, life and death, are powerful indicators in the human story. Michael Green, the superb British evangelist said,“Jesus did not come to make bad men good, but to make dead men live.” Life! Life! This is the issue C. S. Lewis brings to light in Mere Christianity, where he contrasts physical life (bios) with spiritual life (zoe) and our urgent need for the latter, which we can only obtain on Christ’s terms and not our own.
As I watch ageing, decaying people, I recognize something sad and good at the same time. Death is not (or need not be) the end. We pass through death (by faith in Christ) to the resurrection. Joni Erickson Tada brought this home to me some years ago as she spoke from her wheel chair, testifying of a love for Jesus and her great expectations as a believer, despite her very real suffering and restrictions as a paraplegic. She announced to us all that when she sees Jesus, she will dance in heaven. I believe it. This is resurrection hope and a sure foundation. There are many unseen but real threats, but there are also unseen but real promises, and he who makes them says, “Behold, I am coming soon” (Revelation 22:12).
"I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first" (Mark 10:29-31 - NIV).
Submit your Website to Hundreds of Link Directories:
By Bill Keller
Many of you today are burdened by the cares of this world. You have mountains in your life that are so large, you know it is only a matter of time before they crush you. You woke up this morning with a glimmer of hope, clinging to that last ounce of faith that today, maybe today, you might get that breakthrough you are looking for. You are tired, weary, and without enough energy to go on much longer. At this moment, as much as anything, you are hoping and praying for a bit of comfort in the midst of the trials and a little rest from carrying the burdens that are weighing you down.
My friend, put your burdens down, quit thinking about the circumstances you are facing for a few minutes and let God, the One who loves you, give you His peace and comfort today!
As you know, nobody can think clearly or make wise decisions when they are weary. Many times, we compound the problems in our life by making hasty, non-prayerful decisions in the heat of the moment without thinking. Today, go to God, ask Him to comfort you, give you His peace, and His rest. Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give yourest." I sense in my spirit today that many of you simply need to go to the Lord today and find that rest He has promised to you.
Listen my friend, the problems you have didn't happen overnight, and unless God decides to work a miracle, they won't go away overnight. But know that God will help you to get victory over your problems in His perfect timing.
This is hard for me to write because I am a very motivated, action-oriented person who likes to work until the problems are solved and then rest. But that isn't always practical. Many times God tests us through different problems and He rarely works things out on our time schedule. One of the hardest lessons for me to learn was that there are days and times when I just need to stop, relax, and let God comfort me for a while and carry my burdens.
What this really boils down to, my friend, is an issue of faith. We are so worried and work so hard in our own strength that we drive ourselves crazy due to a lack of faith. Faith is simply believing God can and will do exactly what He says in His Word. The reason it is hard for me to take that time of rest and enjoy the Lord's comfort is because of a lack of faith. I just don't trust God enough to work things out so I stay busy trying to do it myself. I am not saying we shouldn't work hard, be concerned about the issues in our life, or try to work things out, but at some point we have to take a stand of faith and trust God.
I love you and am praying for you. Never lose sight that no matter what, God is still on the throne and still in control. One of the interesting parts of the scripture reference I gave you today is that God comforts you so that you, in turn, can comfort others. Never forget that as you are about His business, God will be about your business. Often, we find that our needs have been met while we are busy caring for the needs of others. It is a powerful spiritual truth to never forget.
My prayer for you today is to take time to find God's peace and comfort despite the problems you are facing. Go to school or work and do the thingsyou do in a normal day but rest from the worry and concerns of your problems and circumstances. Let God give you rest today from your burdens. Let Him comfort you in the midst of your trials. Let Him simply love you today. In addition, exercise that measure of faith He has given each one of us and start to trust Him more. Tomorrow, you will wake up fresh, rested, and witha renewed confidence in God. He promised to never leave you nor forsake you.You need to take Him at His word!.
May you find Christ's peace, Christ's rest, and Christ's comfort today even in the midst of the problems and challenges that you are facing.
"There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!" (Romans 5:3-4 - The Message).
Johnny had been misbehaving and was sent to his room.
After a while he emerged and informed his mother that he had thought it over and then said a prayer.
"Fine", said the pleased mother. "If you ask God to help you not misbehave, He will help you."
"Oh, I didn't ask Him to help me not misbehave," said Johnny. "I asked Him to help you put up with me."
Turned Inside Out
By Jill Carattini
Barbara Krensavage insists that clams are not a regular part of her diet. Yet one snowy evening in December she found herself craving an old recipe, and so brought home four dozen quahogs—a clam particularly abundant between Cape Cod and New Jersey. Mr. Krensavage was in the midst of shucking the shellfish for dinner when he discovered one that looked like it was dead. It had a different color to it and he thought it was diseased. As he was about to discard it, Mrs. Krensavage took a closer look.
It wasn't dead. In fact, inside the live clam was a rare and possibly priceless, purple pearl. Experts estimate that roughly one in two million quahog clams contains a gem-quality pearl like the one found by the Krensavages. Due to the great rarity of the find, it has been difficult to even place a value on it, though some have estimated the pearl to be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The message Christ brought to the world was one that spoke openly of a kingdom among us, where, like this discovery of the Krensavages, all is not as it may first appear. In a world that seems more marked by disease than promise, there is hidden in this life a treasure worth selling all we have to possess as our own. Where there seems a world of stagnant hope and deteriorating vision, there is the promise of living water and the signs of its presence. Where there is around us a world marked by the power of death, there is yet somehow a life among us that was stronger than death itself. Now we see as in a glass darkly, but for those who will see, the kingdom Christ came to show us is here and is real, a pearl of great price.
Yet even holding it, we may not always recognize its worth. On the Mount of Transfiguration, Jesus stood with Peter, James, and John—three men who left lives behind to sit and learn at his feet—and there he was transfigured before them. These men knew Jesus better than any other. They were with him constantly, eating, sleeping, and learning; and they were terrified in his presence on the mountain. All three fell facedown on the ground, until Jesus came and touched them. As commentator Frederick Bruner describes what was happening on that mountain, “What Jesus was within was once made visible without.”(1)
It is at times more disturbing to see clearly than it is to see dimly. To see Christ as he really is—the one whom men could not kill and death could not touch because he was too alive—is to see more than we can handle as we currently are. In the Old Testament, the face of God was readily spoken of as too much for a man to see and yet live. Rabbinic reflection taught that Adam and Eve had lost the radiance of their faces in their fall to sin, and that only the Messiah would reestablish this radiance once more. Here as the face of Christ “became like the sun,” it portrayed vividly the glory of God and the beginnings of his restoration of radiance. It was a preview of the heavenly transfiguration awaiting believers in the person of Christ, when the life of the Son within us will be made visible without. For the disciples, the sound of God’s voice and the reality of the Son were too much to behold standing.
Perhaps it is telling that the clam which held the pearl the Krensavages now treasure was the one that had the most outward appearance of death. Notes C.S. Lewis, “[I]t is, I think, a gross exaggeration to picture the saving of a soul as being, normally, at all like the development from seed to flower. The very words, repentance, regeneration, the New Man, suggest something very different.”(2) We cannot lay our hands on the thought that we are made in the image of God and being presently formed in the Person of Christ without laying down our entire lives before him, giving everything we have, being turned inside out, that we might one day stand in his glory. For the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares
about you" (1 Peter 5:7 – NLT).
Be sure to send in your prayer request for the next
You are in my thoughts and prayers! May the Lord
continue to bless you with knowledge of Himself.
In His grace,
Lighthouse Prayer Line
105 Quincy Drive
Greer, SC 29650
"To them God has chosen to make known
among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this
mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of
glory" (Colossians 1:27 - NIV).
Cheap Blog Article Automator:
We hope you have found today's newsletter encouraging to your
walk with Jesus Christ. Please send all prayer requests and
praise reports to us by using the "comments" hyperlink, which
can be found at the end of each blog/article. God is Good!!!
A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle. Please Keep This
-------††††-------Love For GOD
-------††††-------With A Friend!!!!!!
(¯`*•.(¯`*•.God is Good - ALL of the Time!!!.•*´¯).•*´¯)
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
I'm just a nobody
trying to tell everybody
that there is somebody
who can save anybody!!