1 Thessalonians 3:19-20
19. For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
20. For ye are our glory and joy.
The "crown of rejoicing" is the soul winner's crown. The greatest work you are privleged to do for the Lord is to bring others to a knowledge of Christ as personal Savior. The degree of your joy in Heaven will be determined by the souls you have had a part in bringing to Christ. Paul tells the Thessalonian believers that they are his "hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing" now and when Jesus comes.
1. It is wise to win souls to Christ. Proverbs 11:30
2. It is a work against sin to win souls to Christ. James 5:20
3. It is a cause for joy in Heaven to win souls to Christ. Luke 15:10
4. Every soul winner will shine as the stars forever. Daniel 12:3
Witness with your life; live that others may see Christ in you. 2 Corinthians 3:2, Galatians 2:20
Witness with your mouth, trusting the Holy Spirit to give power to the spoken word. Acts 1:8
Witness by tithes and offerings that others may preach Christ, and you will have "fruit that may abound to your account". Philippians 4:15-17, 2 Corinthians 9:6
God has promised that your labor will not be in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15;58
The soul winner will not rejoice alone- all of Heaven will rejoice with him when he receives the "crown of rejoicing". John 4:36
Thank you and God Bless
The Lord's Work E-mail Ministry