"He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and He will pay back what he has given" (Proverbs 19:17 - NKJV).
"One thing is certain, that these two things--salvation
and the knowledge of the truth--are always inseparably
joined together" (John Calvin).
The Most Important Gift Catalog in the World:
Please keep the following individuals in your prayers:
1) "I was let go of my job of 3 months all because my bankruptcy was not finalized. I am hoping and prayng that when I receive the final close out of the bankruptcy will restore me my job. As well as I have noticed that my husband is doing drugs and getting deeper into to it without admission of doing so." -FeFe;
2) Autumn asks for our prayers. She writes: "I wish if u could pray for my friends baby landen he just got diagnosed with cycistic fibrosis. He is 7 months-old. thank you.";
3) "I urgently need a job I can do from home on the internet, I am deeply in debt and need help. When God leads me to the job I need to know it's from Him. I really need money for Christmas. Thank you and God bless" -Rhonda;
4) Shari asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes, "David and Mike need new jobs, but we praise God for the ones they have...but we are praying for new and better ones. Hayley's upcoming wedding - for God to bless the the two of them and for me, the guidance as a mother of this family to be strong and have wisdom. For all the unemployed may they find jobs. For the sick, may God heal in his time.";
5) "Pray for Grandson Joseph - first - that he come to know the love, wisdom, righteousness and sanctificaton or our Lord and and Saviour - Jesus. Second - that he sell some cars to support his family. That that the Lord lead him to a job that he is ab le to perform. Thanks." -Don;
6) Debbie asks for us to remember her grandchildren. "Please pray the lord will keep my grandchildren safe and send them back home soon. A judge gave my son temp. custody 5 yrs ago, since then it has expired, but my son continued on like the judge had set things up. Things have been fine unitl the middle of July. She took the children for their visit and will not bring them home. She is a drug addict, has a criminal record (on probation now - felony), has had SS called on her numerous times over her oldest son (not ours) he is in therapy now for situations she has put this child in. She also is in therapy. She breaks the law and gets a slap on the wrist every time. She knows she can do whatever she wants and the law will not do nothing. This has been proved many times with her. She has taken them before and left the state. But the law does nothing. My son has filed for custody he is not working right now so I had to sell something my dead husband gave me to pay for a lawyer, but it is worth it and I know my husband would agree. We have to go to the boys school to see them They ask can we bring them home with us and we have to tell them soon. My son is having panic attacks caused by stress. He has never been sick like this before. Please pray the lord will bring our boys home soon. For their sake and my sons. I know he's here and I know the devil can't defeat him. Thank you all and God bless you all.";
7) "My beloved friend, and christian Judy -lays at deaths door. She survived lung cancer a year ago, only to have her lungs failing now from the damage the chemo, and radiation did to them. She was expected to pass away over a week ago, but hangs onto life. She is in her 40's, and was not ready to leave I believe. She has many who love, and need her here still. I ask you pray for God to work a healing miracle, but if it isn't his will, to at least have tender mercy, and take her home. She sufferes horribly, and dies slowly, and painfully. Please ask God to heal her, or let her go home. I have prayed, cried, pleaded over a week... even asked him to take me in her place. Yet she continues to suffer. Thank you." -John;
8) Brenda asks for our prayers. Shew writes, "Please pray for my son. He keeps wanting to get dismissed from school almost everyday. He says he is going to leave school even if I dont dismiss him. He is on prozac and is going to start to go to a therapist. The last therapist he didn't say anything to her. He thinks he doesn't need any help. He says he doesn't believe in GOd. I refuse to let the devil have him. He is a gift from GOd to me and I will continue to pray. I have been fasting on and off for his emotional and mental state. I don't know if he is bipolar or not. It doesn't matter because GOd is the great healer. Please pray with me for his healing. Also pray for my marriage to be fully restored and for the other woman to be completely removed from my marriage and my husbands heart. Completely removed never to return again. Please pray for my sister in the Lord. Her name is Sandra she is a devoted prayer warrior for GOd. Her finances and health are being attacked. I pray GOd delivers her soon. I am praying for a financial breakthrough for her and also for GOd to give her complete healing. Thank you for your prayers.";
9) "Please pray for my wife. She found out that she has diabetes along with COPD. She is not doin so good. Sugar level stays too high. Please think of her in your prayers. May God bless you." -AN;
10) "Dear heavenly Father, the Guideposts Christian Intercessors and I, come to Your throne of grace, in the blessed name of Your only Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ Your will be done in us. Help us to walk in Your Word. In His blessed name. Amen.Please pray for the protection and safety of my son, Nicholas. Please pray for the eternal salvation for my family. Please pray for the forgiveness of all of our sins that we have committed against our Lord God Almighty. (James 5:16; Nehemiah 1:6; Daniel 9:18). Please pray for our enemies that our Lord God Almighty would give them a full measure of blessing, mercy, and grace, peace, a saving faith, a new heart, and a new spirit. (Matthew 5:44-45; Luke 6:27-28; Ezekiel 36:26). Please pray for our privacy, safety & protection, and protection of our personal information that our Lord God Almighty would send His angels to protect us and our properties and that we would be delivered from the evil one, our enemies, and people who have been lying in wait for us. (Psalm 91:11; Job 1:10; Matthew 6:13; Lamentations 4:19; Proverbs 26:19; 29:5, NIV).Please pray for the healing of whatever was causing my chest ache and my back to ache and if God is willing that I would not contract any dreadful diseases.I thank our Lord God Almighty that last week I attended a course, Evangelism, for the twentieth time. Right after the class I attended a house prayer meeting. Thank you, Christian Intercessors, in advance for your consideration and assistance in this matter. Thank you, Christian Intercessors for standing in the gap for us. Our Lord God Almighty bless you. (Numbers 6:24-26). Sincerely, a brother in Christ, Lian.";
11) "I want the universe to send me a clear and immistakable message as to how to find my one true purpose, and what I need to be doing to be able to share it with the people in my life." -Karen;
12) Sherry asks for our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for Sheldon and his sons. His wife has left him, filed for divorce and taken their boys. He is in desperate need of steady employment. He found a place to live in the town where she is currently living and where the boys are going to school. He is also trying to get custody, but now she it appears she is going to pull the boys out of this school and move them away. She is having an affair while she is living in a shelter with the boys though Sheldon has never been abusive. She is an alcoholic and past drug user, is vindictive and deceptive and will do everything to keep the boys from us, the grandparents and is making it difficult for Sheldon to see them. Please pray that things will begin to turn around for Sheldon...especially a job and that there will be a good outcome in the divorce/custody battle that will benefit the boys. She is using them as pawns right now. Please also pray for me, his mother as I try to help him through this difficult time. I am trying to keep and share my faith with Sheldon. I am also trying to support him financially until he can get back on his feet. Thank you so much.";
13) "Please join me in prayer of intercesion for a lady that accidentally burnt her both hands, while having an epileptic fit. She is alone at the hospital and her name is Petrona." -Chavalo;
14) Tar-Shay asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes: "Please join me in prayer requesting God grant favor and blessings to do the following: -experencing true love.-- my health is resoted and that I hear devine instructions from God.--that the feelings of loneliness and desperateness to be loved is removed from me. --Please deliver me to my gifts.-- Lord I thank you for these blessings and healing. Thank you. I feel its comming through faith. Lord I ask that you bless the person(s) who took time out to read my prayer. this prayer and to pray for me. Bless them too lord. And God, I also want to pray for those who don't know you or who are not strong in their walk of faith with you. I pray that you renew their spirit and mind so that they can live a life pleasing to you. Lord we all need you. I love you always. Thank you God, Amen.";
15) "Please pray for me for a financial miracle blessing & a great job offer to come. Amen." -Alice;
16) William asks for our prayers: "I am weak now. I am about to loose my job. I have 4 children and a nephew. I ask that you pray for me and my family. Thank you.";
17) "My name is Cathy and I am getting finiancially behind on my rent and utilitie payments. My boss cut my hours and now i probably work 10 hrs a week. I have a truck payment and rent to pay. please pray that I get a better paying job to make ends meet. thank you all.";
18) "I am a newly single mom of 2. I am afraid that I am going to fail my children. I am also worried that I am not going to be able to pay my bills on my income. I have a job interview on wednesday for a much better job! I really need it!" -Shannon;
19) Joyce asks for our prayers. She writes, "Please pray for that God will move in my finance and Help me get back on my feet. And please pray for my Husband to be at peace about our finance.";
20) "Please pray for my husband Martin. He needs a job and he needs one quickly. He is on probation and that is one of the conditions or it can possibly be revoked. His spirit is fragile - please pray for protection from the evil one. God bless your ministry and thank you." -Joanna;
21) Sue asks to be remembered in our prayers. She writes: "My nephew is 28 years old and is having a problem swallowing and a problem with his ears. He is having a test on Nov. 9, 2009 to see what is going on. Please pray for him that this is nothing serious. Thank You.";
22) Diane Pearson is about to have a masectomy. Please pray for her healing from this cancer.;
23) Larry and Cindy Cope... pray for their marriage to come together again.;
24) Please keep Mike and Stephanie in your prayers. Please pray for Mike to overcome a drinking problem and pray for their marriage to become stronger.;
25) David broke his arm last weekend and has been off work all of last week without pay. Pray for his quick healing.;
26) "Can you, please, fervently pray For COMPLETE RECONCILIATION with my loved one NEBOJSA That we MEET and TALK, THAT GOD FORM LINES OF GOOD COMMUNICATION BETWEEN US, KEEP US IN HIS CARE and HELP US TO WORK OUT ALL PROBLEM That Nebojsa DOES NOT GET INVOLVED INTO ANY NEW RELATIONSHIP , but THAT WE START AGAIN, continue OUR WAY TOGETHER and officially get married! God gives promises, and I know He is FAITHFUL! I am sure when your prayers join mine will surely receive a miracle. I am praying with Faith and please help me in this. Thank you very much. God bless you. I pray for you. Praise the Lord for He hear prayers and answer on it." -Kaca; and lastly...
27) Keep Wanda in your prayers. She left work early this past week due to chest pains.
**God bless you for caring enough to pray!!!**
A real friend is always and under all circumstances a friend (Proverbs 17:17a).
THE UNHEEDED SECRET
By Oswald Chambers
"My kingdom is not of this world." John 18:36
The great enemy to the Lord Jesus Christ in the present day is the conception of practical work that has not come from the New Testament, but from the Systems of the world in which endless energy and activities are insisted upon, but no private life with God. The emphasis is put on the wrong thing. Jesus said, "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation, for lo the kingdom of God is within you," a hidden, obscure thing. An active Christian worker too often lives in the shop window. It is the innermost of the innermost that reveals the power of the life.
We have to get rid of the plague of the spirit of the religious age in which we live. In Our Lord's life there was none of the press and rush of tremendous activity that we regard so highly, and the disciple is to be as His Master. The central thing about the kingdom of Jesus Christ is a personal relationship to Himself, not public usefulness to men.
It is not its practical activities that are the strength of this Bible Training College, its whole strength lies in the fact that here you are put into soak before God. You have no idea of where God is going to engineer your circumstances, no knowledge of what strain is going to be put on you either at home or abroad, and if you waste your time in over-active energies instead of getting into soak on the great fundamental truths of God's Redemption, you will snap when the strain comes; but if this time of soaking before God is being spent in getting rooted and grounded in God on the unpractical line, you will remain true to Him what ever happens.
Remember Lot's Wife
The Hebrew school teacher was describing how Lot's wife looked back and turned into a pillar of salt, when little David interrupted.
"My Mommy looked back once while she was DRIVING," he announced triumphantly, "and she turned into a telephone pole!"
"Blood sustains precious human life. Its presence and flow allows us to seek the purpose of our existence and attain life's milestones. When we share blood, wounds heal; individuals thrive; and families remain whole. We share blood to enrich our life experience, casting aside our differences to link the human race through a common, natural bond."
Signs of Life
By Jill Carattini
Dietrich Bonhoeffer is best remembered as the young pastor martyred for his leadership against Hitler and his army. Speaking up with a faith that confronted evil, he had a passion for truth and an approach to following Christ that is truly inspiring. Nonetheless, Bonhoeffer’s transparent wrestling with matters of identity has also been a significant influence in the lives of many. It is comforting to know that even one willing to die for something at the very core of his identity still struggled, at times in anguish, with the question: "Who am I?" In a poem written in prison, Bonhoeffer offers both the cry of his heart and the only hope that can answer it:
Who am I?
This or the other?
Am I one person today, and tomorrow another?
Am I both at once? A hypocrite before others,
And before myself a contemptible woebegone weakling?
Or is something within me still like a beaten army,
Fleeing in disorder from victory already achieved?
Who am I? They mock me,
these lonely questions of mine.
Whoever I am, Thou knowest, O God, I am Thine.
"Who am I" is the question we often ask in the midst of the struggle. In moments where our conscience is tormented, in places where life's walls seem to crumble, it is in the tear-stained places of life where we wrestle most intensely with who we are.
English writer F.W. Boreham tells a story about an old gravedigger whose terrible cough educed the sympathy of a cemetery visitor. The coughing man simply gestured to the graves around them, noting, "There's plenty here who'd be glad of my cough!" His point is clear. Even a cough is a sign of life. All the same, it is also a sign that a cure is needed lest the old man be dragged into a grave of his own. Carrying this thought to a higher place, Boreham remarks wisely, "The torments of an aroused conscience are symptoms of spiritual vitality for which a wise man will give thanks on bended knees; but they are useless and worse than useless unless they drive him, in his desperation, to the fountain open for all sin and for all uncleanness."(1)
In other words, pain and sorrow, unrest and struggle are actually signs of life, signs that we were created with emotions and consciences. But they are also signs that lead to a cure for the sin-stained conscience, to life in knowing the one who created you, and an identity found ultimately in Christ. The signs of life indeed point to the promises of heaven. It is this sacred truth that William Cowper proclaimed in verse: "The path of sorrow, and that path alone, Leads to the place where sorrow is unknown."
When your identity is rooted in Christ, sorrow and struggle can be met with the same confidence that kept William Cowper singing and the imprisoned Dietrich Bonhoeffer hopeful. Though weeping may linger for the night, joy comes in the morning.
Preacher and the Mower
A preacher retired and moved to the country to enjoy life and practice his hobby of yard work. Needing a lawn mower, he headed into town to buy one. On the way he saw a sign advertising a lawn mower for sale. He stopped at the house and a young lad came out to greet him. The preacher asked about the lawn mower and the kid said it was behind the house. The two went to look at the lawn mower. The engine was sputtering along at idle speed. The preacher increased the speed of the engine and mowed a few strips. Satisfied that the mower would do the job they settled on a price of $25.00.
Later in the day, the young lad was riding his bicycle when he spied the preacher pulling on the engine starter rope. The kid stopped and watched for a couple of minutes. He asked, "What's wrong?"
The reply came, "I can't get this mower started. Do you know how?"
The kid said, "Yep."
"Well, how do you do it? Tell me!", the preacher yelled.
The kid replied, "You have to cuss it."
The preacher rose up indignantly. "Now you listen here. I am a preacher and if I ever did cuss, not saying I have, I've forgotten how to do it after all these years."
With a wise look on his face well beyond his years, the kid said, "Preacher, you keep on pulling that rope and it'll all come back to ya."
By Katherine Kehler
“Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?” (Hebrews 1:14)
Wayne and Doreen’s three-year-old son Cameron had cancer and was admitted to the hospital for treatments. The hospital was an hour drive from their home and every evening Doreen would drive to the hospital to be with Cameron until the treatment was over. Watching him suffer broke her heart. Most evenings, after she said good-bye, she would cry because of what was happening to her little boy.
One pitch-dark night, while driving home in the pouring rain, she was crying so hard she could hardly see the road. Suddenly, she felt a presence beside her and she began to feel peaceful. It seemed like she was resting in the arms of the Lord. It was an angel in the passenger seat. He took hold of the steering wheel and drove the car all the way to her home. She said the angel had the kindest face.
Again, years later, when her son was 23 years old, he had to have reconstructive surgery to repair the damage the cancer had done to his face. Some of the bones had ceased to grow after the cancer he had as a child. The surgery they were trying had never been done before on bone weakened by radiation. The surgeon didn’t know if the bone would bond again after the procedure or what the outcome would be.
After the surgery, the doctor, who was not a Christian, came to the lobby and sat in a chair and just looked at Wayne and Doreen. Wayne asked,
“Is Cameron alright?”
The surgeon began to cry and then he said,
“Someone was moving my hands.”
Doreen realized it was an angel and told him so. The surgeon answered,
“Whatever it was, it was absolutely wonderful.”
They all cried because they knew they had just experienced something supernatural. They had experienced God.
Father God, You are an awesome God! ‘Who is like you – majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?’ We love You. Thank You for Your compassion and Your loving kindness. Amen.
Angels are sent from God--they are His servants to care for us. God is so very good and kind to us.
A Great Gnashing of Teeth
A preacher of the old school was describing the events of Judgment Day and, of course, he used Biblical phraseology whenever he could.
"Oh, my friends," he intoned, "imagine the suffering of the sinners as they find themselves cast into the outer darkness, removed from the presence of the Lord and given to eternal flames. My friends, at such a time there will be weeping, wailing and a great gnashing of teeth!"
At this point, one of the elders of the congregation interrupted.
"But Reverend," he said, "what if one of those hopeless sinners has no teeth?"
The preacher crashed his fist on the pulpit, "My friends, the Lord is not put out by details. Rest assured ... teeth will be provided!"
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares
about you" (1 Peter 5:7 – NLT).
Be sure to send in your prayer request for the next
You are in my thoughts and prayers! May the Lord
continue to bless you with knowledge of Himself.
Yours in His saving grip,
Lighthouse Prayer Line
105 Quincy Drive
Greer, SC 29650
"The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer" (Psalm 6:9).
Humility is a paradox.
The moment you think you've finally found it, you've lost it.
There has yet to be written a book intitled, "Humility and How I Achieved It."
And yet, God expects (and rewards) an attitude of servant-like humility in His followers.
We hope you have found today's newsletter encouraging to your
walk with Jesus Christ. Please send all prayer requests and
praise reports to us by using the "comments" hyperlink, which
can be found at the end of each blog/article. God is Good!!!
A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle. Please Keep This
-------††††-------Love For GOD
-------††††-------With A Friend!!!!!!
(¯`*•.(¯`*•.God is Good - ALL of the Time!!!.•*´¯).•*´¯)
•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•
I'm just a nobody
trying to tell everybody
that there is somebody
who can save anybody!!
We can use your help!
Aside from the fact that ALL of your donation will
be used to purchase Bibles, Gospel Tracts & Bible
Studies, you will be serving as an active witness in
someone's life. Your donation will directly touch the
lives of many who are being introduced to Jesus as
their Lord & Savior for the very first time!
Friend, we have the unique opportunity of being able
to offer purple & gold, 100%-siliconized wristbands.
These attractive bands have been debossed right here
in the good 'ole USA with "Need Prayer?" etched on
one side; and with "LighthousePrayerLine.org" on the
So many wonderful causes will be helped through
this drive, such as countless numbers of inmates
through our prison ministry, South Indian missions
and many USA workers.
We are waiving the postage fees. FREE Shipping!!
Would you be willing to help "the least of these"?
1 band .... $ 5
2 bands ... $ 9
3 bands ... $12
5 bands ... $15
We appreciate your support and witness to a fallen world!
Send your gift in the form of cash, check or money order to:
105 Quincy Drive
Greer, SC 29650